User Manual: Security Stick
Practical use should be consistent with law and operating manual. The baton should not be used by someone, who did not properly familiarize oneself with the use of this baton. The baton is intended for self-defence use only.
- Grasp the baton strongly in your hand by the rubber grip surface.
- Sharply flick the baton in horizontal or little downward direction fast enough to eject the baton and to cause the hard locking of cones endings of tubes. The faster you open the baton, the stronger it holds in the open position, but subsequently it could be more difficult to close it. Never open the baton aimed at some other person.
- When using the baton always have it under control. Strike directed against a head, face, neck or vital organs could be potentially lethal.
- If in the case of wrong opening the baton or upon performing a defensive technique the baton partly closes and use the opening move according to the part.
- For easier release of locked cones, it is recommended to tap slightly tip of the baton on solid ground.
- When closing the baton hold it just with your thumb and forefinger and let its weight direct it perpendicularly to the ground.
- Do not hold it firmly in your closed hand since in such case the baton often is not directed perpendicularly.
- When collapsing the baton by quick swing without excessive force strike its tip downward in a vertical motion against hard, flat and if possible smooth surface. Rapidity of the swing is here more important than force.
During the closing process the baton affects by its strong power this surface and could cause its damage.
- Strike about a soft or elastic surface, like wooden floor or carpet, shall not release locking of cones endings.
- Never close it on a dirty surface (e.g. sand or dust), to avoid the contamination inside the baton. Never close the baton without the spring guide cap.
- After releasing the tubes, it is not necessary to hammer the baton into the rubber handle, as there is a risk of damaging the surface.
Make periodically preventive control of the baton, whether it is not damaged. Check, whether tip of the baton did not become loosened. Should it become loose, apply adhesive Loctite 270 into threads and tighten it quickly. Concurrently perform preventive cleansing.
Prior to examination or cleaning the baton is disassembled into three parts: spring guide cap, rubber handle and two connected expandable tubes. You can use Silicone oil for preservation of outside parts of baton. When you do it be extremely careful not to put the oil on interface of cones. In the case the baton is not locking in the open position correctly, one of the main reasons is the fact that there is the oil on the contact area of cones. It is therefore necessary to degrease it thoroughly.
In case of wetting (e.g. when is raining), disassemble all parts, wipe them and leave them to dry till all outside and inside parts become dry. Then slightly preserve it by Silicone oil and wipe the oil almost to dryness. After control, maintenance, cleaning or drying, assemble the baton again (in the opposite way of disassembly). Always check all its functions including the locking of tubes in open position.
ADJUSTING OF SPRING PRESSURE FOR SETTING THE BATON IN CLOSE OR OPEN POSITION
The security spring is adjusted by the manufacturer to an optimal pressure needed for opening the baton. This pressure ensures also strength of hold of baton in close and in open position. It is, however, possible to adjust the spring pressure according to the individual needs of user. The lower spring pressure enables easier opening of baton and its easier closing, since the cones endings of expandable tubes are less locked. In the extreme situation too, low spring pressure could hinder use of baton, as the baton doesn’t hold properly in the close position and it is also possible that it doesn’t hold properly in the open position. If the spring pressure is higher, the baton must be open with stronger flick. The baton holds strongly in open position as the cones endings of expandable tubes are locked more tightly. In the extreme situation too, high spring pressure could hinder use of baton, as it is more difficult to open the baton (or to open it at all) and it is more difficult to close it. For adjusting the spring pressure, it is necessary to use the needle-nose bent pliers.
- For reduction of the spring pressure push slightly both leaves of spring together (see Fig. 1).
- Points of pliers must be inserted between the baton spring guide cap side and spring leaf.
- For increase of the spring pressure bend both spring leaves so that they are in the top part more curved (see Fig. 2). When reducing or increasing the spring pressure it is necessary act carefully and make just small changes. After any change of spring shape, you must try, whether the required pressure was attained. If not – repeat the step 1 or 2.
- The springs tips must never be expanded more than 5 mm. Also, each time after manipulation with it they must have a symmetric distance from the centre line of spring. If not – it can cause spring failure when the baton is being closed as the spring tip may bump the thin tube side (see Fig. 3).
Conditions for admittance of warranty:
- The brand reserves the right to assess justification of the claim. Critical aspect is the use of baton. The decisive factor for admittance of the warranty claim is the fact, whether the baton was used in accordance with the operating manual.
- The brand gives a 1-year guarantee for the expandable batons from the date of purchase.
- Warranty does not cover:
- common scratches or damage of handle and metallic surfaces
- Gross damage caused by strikes against hard objects (e.g. stone, concrete, steel)
- Damage caused by gross mechanical force or levering.
Mark Safety Products, India is not liable for any secondary damage or loss caused by use of the baton or if the baton was not used in accordance with the instructions. The compete responsibility rests with the owner/user of the baton.